I am often asked about the technical specifications or the special features of my powerboat Apache Star. In fact, the Apache Star is a historic and unique boat. Apart from the fact that the boat has been to Key West twice (1992 and 1993) and won both World Championships in all categories, after acquiring it I gave the Apache Star a complete refit from February 2012 to February 2014, below is some of the essential technical data:
- Shipyard: Apache Powerboats
- Year of construction: 1993 / Complete refit from February 2012 - February 2014
- Length: 15 meters
- Width: 2.44 meters
- 2 Mercury Racer with a total of 2.700 HP
- Fuel tank: 1.200 liters
- Water tank: 300 liters
- Cruising speed: 90 knots
- Allowed passengers: 4
- Color of the boat: ApacheStar Orange (unique and designed and produced in Europe)
- Racing bucket seats Recaro exclusive in leather - silver.
- Tanks integrated in the fuselage made of titanium
- Air conditioning in the cockpit
- Most modern safety standards, Security Safety System
- Racing cockpit glass from US fighter jet in green tone to measure incl. heat and breakage; tests approx. 6 months, same material on engines / turbines tested to 2000 degrees heat resistance
- After the boat won 2 times (1992 and 1993) in Key West both world championships in all categories, after that it was always in Apache Powerboats shipyard
- Today Apache Star has a German flag certificate with the home port Miami
- The logo on the boat is from a Native American artist from New York and was painted with a labor of about 800 man hours
- Logo and name (ApacheStar) were developed and patented by me
- For the technology of the boat only materials from the aircraft construction were processed
- The hull has been completely refurbished and reinforced, practically indestructible for the next 100 years.
- Furthermore, the hull has a free-floating titanium floor, which was attached to the hull with a spring bearing and absorbs the extremely hard impacts.
- Apache-Star is the highest quality V-hull powerboat in the U.S.